Win7 taskbar visual glitch RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, and the issue I had began randomly a few weeks after I got my PC.

If I goto the taskbar properties and i change the taskbar buttons option to "Never combine", i get a strange glitch (See attached image), the icons either stretch and take over the entire taskbar, or they are so small i can hardly see them, or they overlap or get cut off. I have the most up to date drivers for everything, and aren't running any strange programs. 

Sorry if you need more info, or I haven't provided enough, just ask and ill do my best to provide it for you.

Thank you in advanced.

Note: In the images, of course, the issue is the taskbar

http://imgur.com/a/MNf5o

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 11:48 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

If you reset the taskbar buttons to “Always combine, hide labels”, did it works well?

I suggest to perform a whole disk scan to check if any virus on your PC.

Furthermore, you can try to create another user account and login to see if the same issue occurs.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Leo Huang

TechNet Community Support

Friday, January 20, 2012 2:27 AM
  • Since Never combine doesn't work, I have had it set to "Always Combine, Hide labels" since the glitch started happening, so yeh, that works fine.

I have run several scans with different programs (AVG, MSE, Comodo) as well as spyware scans etc, computer is as far as I can tell, clean.

Created a new user, and the issue doesn't happen, toolbar looks fine, no glitch occurs.

Friday, January 20, 2012 5:41 AM
  •  Hi,

I suspected your profile has some issue since new user doesn’t has this kind of issue.

You can try to follow this article to fix the corrupted profile:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Leo Huang

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, January 30, 2012 12:15 PM
    Friday, January 20, 2012 6:49 AM
  • I tried this whole process of copying a profile, and nothing happened, copied all the right files, and none of the stuff I had in my old profile was there.

Yes, the issue was fixed, but I may as well have just started again without this whole copying thing.

Sunday, February 5, 2012 10:36 PM