Office 2010 High Contrast RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

One of our users is having an issue when using Word and Excel 2010.

The problem is that he has a High Contrast theme enabled on his PC, due to him being partially sighted.

Any text he types in Word or Excel appears as yellow, if he highlights a piece of text to format it and change its colour it remains yellow making it very difficult to see the areas of the document that he has formatted.

When using Office 2007 even though he had High Contrast mode enabled he could still edit the colours of fonts and see the changes on the screen.

I am curious as to how I can replicate this in Office 2010 for him.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 1:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my research, the High Contrast mode is not enabled in Office programs, it is enabled in System.

Here’s the methods for Windows 7 system:

• Open the Start Menu and click Control Panel.
      • Under Ease of Access, click Optimize visual display.
      • If Turn on or off Hight Contrast when (...) is not selected, then check it, then click OK.
      • To turn on/off high contrast in Windows 7, press Left ALT + Left SHIFT + PRINT SCREEN. A window pops up, click YES.

Jaynet Zhang

TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Jaynet Zhang Wednesday, September 5, 2012 9:09 AM
    Wednesday, September 5, 2012 9:09 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.

The user does have high contrast enabled through system.

The issue is though that with this mode on he can no change the colours of fonts in Word 2010, they font always shows in the default colour of the high contrast theme.

The font colour is actually ebing changed, as if you view it without a high contrast theme enabled it displays correctly.

As mentioned this was not the case in Word 2007.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 2:31 PM