Tracert Issues RRS feed

• Question

• hello all,

I have a windows 2008 server and firewall on. I can do the tracert from my machine and few other hosts to windows 2008 server but non of my other colleages can do tracert to that 2008 server. we are on same subnet. I enable ICMP options in windows firewall advance settings. Is there anything I am missing so all my colleague can do the traceroute to windows 2008 machine ?

M

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 10:36 AM

Answers

• Good option might be to at first clear all caches. And then get a network monitor/ethereal and check where the data is going.

Marek

Marek Chmel, WBI Systems (MCTS, MCITP, MCT, CCENT)
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 11:33 AM
  • Hi madal,

Thanks for post here.

In addition with Marek’s suggestion, please check if you can ping the server’s IP address correctly from other colleague computer .And please check if it worked with temporarily disable the firewall with following the article below on Windows Server 2008.

I Need to Disable Windows Firewall

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766337(WS.10).aspx

Meanwhile ,please post the route table and “ipconfig  /all ” result of your window server 2008 and one of problematic computer here for further investigation .

Thanks.

Tiger Li

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, August 12, 2010 1:30 AM

All replies

• Good option might be to at first clear all caches. And then get a network monitor/ethereal and check where the data is going.

Marek

Marek Chmel, WBI Systems (MCTS, MCITP, MCT, CCENT)
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 11:33 AM
  • Hi madal,

Thanks for post here.

In addition with Marek’s suggestion, please check if you can ping the server’s IP address correctly from other colleague computer .And please check if it worked with temporarily disable the firewall with following the article below on Windows Server 2008.

I Need to Disable Windows Firewall

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766337(WS.10).aspx

Meanwhile ,please post the route table and “ipconfig  /all ” result of your window server 2008 and one of problematic computer here for further investigation .

Thanks.

Tiger Li

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, August 12, 2010 1:30 AM