troubleshoot a NDR RRS feed

• Question

• Im trying to troubleshoot a NDR of an email that was sent to a client. 

Scenario:

Im sending an e-mail to a client (say @clientdomain.com), receives a NDR back saying that the message was blocked by: 

"Recipient address rejected: 521 X.X.X X blocked by GlobalView, see http://www.cyren.com/support-faq.html" 

Strange thing is that the IP address that is shown is totally unknown to me. 

I cant even see the transaction in the smtp logs either which confuses me. I've searched through all logs but cant find anything containing @clientdomain.com. If i send another test e-mail to someone else i can however see that transaction in the logs. Both test emails are sent using OWA. 

If i send another mail to one of my mailboxes and examine the headers i can see that the header shows my exchange server IP, not the one listed in the NDR. 

Any ideas on what i can do to start troubleshooting this?

Friday, October 27, 2017 2:18 AM

All replies

• check your outbound IP addresses. are you using any relay server to relay out emails or some smtp server to send out emails.

The IP that sends emails to internet from your sender domain, may be blacklisted

Thanks & Regards Ramandeep Singh

• Proposed as answer by Jason.Chao Monday, October 30, 2017 3:14 AM
    Sunday, October 29, 2017 2:26 AM
  • Hi

Thanks for contacting our forum.

Ramandeep is right, please check if the IP is your external IP with your ISP.

We can also check it with the MXtoolbox to see if we’ve been blacklisted.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Jason.Chao Monday, October 30, 2017 3:14 AM
    Monday, October 30, 2017 3:14 AM
  • Hi,

I am currently standing by for further update from you and would like to know how things are going. Please check if the reply helps you, if it helps please help to mark as answer.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Jason.Chao Thursday, November 9, 2017 2:43 AM
    Wednesday, November 1, 2017 9:46 AM