none
I am unable to install FIM synchronization service after uninstalling which evaluation has previously been installed on this server and the expiration period is now expired. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There,

I am unable to install FIM synchronization service after uninstalling which evaluation has previously been installed on this server and the expiration period is now expired.

I have unstalled properly & deleted registry entries from reqistry even though i anable to install.

I want install evaluation version only because i dont have license vesrion to test but i am able to install other fim server components like FIM serive & Porta. certificate management etc..

Please could you help on this.

Thanks very much in Advance.

Thanks

Veerappa

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 11:47 AM

All replies

• My understanding is that this is by design to try and prevent people from using the eval version forever. The best thing to do is subscribe to MSDN and use the edition of FIM available through MSDN for your development, testing and training purposes. Failing that you could install the eval on a different machine but that might be a violation of the spirit (and letter) of the eval license agreement.

David Lundell, Get your copy of FIM Best Practices Volume 1 http://blog.ilmbestpractices.com/2010/08/book-is-here-fim-best-practices-volume.html

Thursday, January 2, 2014 6:14 PM