RdWeb Password Reset Feature - different behavior in IE and Chrome RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Today I installed and enabled RD Web Access Expired Password reset option.

but I am seeing different screens in IE and Google chrome, also "Your Password is expired. Click here to change it"

option is not visible. can someone please suggest , I followed few links on internet but did not helped.

Share the screenshot for reference;

Internet Explorer

Google Chrome

-Atul

TheAtulA

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 9:46 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I just tested using Chrome 54.0.2840.99 on Windows 8.1, opened Server 2012 R2 RD Web Access, entered username/password of account with expired password, received "Your password is expired. Click here to change it.", clicked the link, and the password change page was displayed.

Please provide more details on your server and client environment to assist with recreating the issue.

Additionally, please note the RD Web Access logon page with differ between IE with RDP Activex Allowed and Chrome.  This is expected.

Thanks.

-TP

• Proposed as answer by Amy Wang_ Wednesday, December 14, 2016 2:30 PM
    • Marked as answer by TP []MVP Thursday, February 9, 2017 12:14 AM
    Wednesday, November 30, 2016 10:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I just tested using Chrome 54.0.2840.99 on Windows 8.1, opened Server 2012 R2 RD Web Access, entered username/password of account with expired password, received "Your password is expired. Click here to change it.", clicked the link, and the password change page was displayed.

Please provide more details on your server and client environment to assist with recreating the issue.

Additionally, please note the RD Web Access logon page with differ between IE with RDP Activex Allowed and Chrome.  This is expected.

Thanks.

-TP

• Proposed as answer by Amy Wang_ Wednesday, December 14, 2016 2:30 PM
    • Marked as answer by TP []MVP Thursday, February 9, 2017 12:14 AM
    Wednesday, November 30, 2016 10:25 AM
  • Hi,

Would you please provide us with an update on the status of your issue?

Best Regards,

Amy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 2, 2016 3:08 AM
  • I noticed on your login screen you don't have the option to choose either Private or Public mode. Why is that? 
    Wednesday, June 6, 2018 6:05 PM