none
Why DPM console requires Interactive logon for the remote installation accounts? RRS feed

• Question

• hello,

I am trying to use the "push agent" installation method when I am trying to push the agent from DPM 2010 console to a remote server. I specify the remote server admin's credentials correctly. But at this stage, the wizard validates whether the remote! user account "exists" by logging that user interactively on the DPM machine.

I live in real secure environments where not all domain accounts are User members on all member servers, quite logically. So the remote push installation then requires me to grant the remote computer's administrator Allow logon locally right on the DPM box. This is a bug I suppose. So take it as a bug report.

ondrej.

Friday, May 27, 2011 9:09 PM

All replies

• hello,

I am trying to use the "push agent" installation method when I am trying to push the agent from DPM 2010 console to a remote server. I specify the remote server admin's credentials correctly. But at this stage, the wizard validates whether the remote! user account "exists" by logging that user interactively on the DPM machine.

I live in real secure environments where not all domain accounts are User members on all member servers, quite logically. So the remote push installation then requires me to grant the remote computer's administrator Allow logon locally right on the DPM box. This is a bug I suppose. So take it as a bug report.

ondrej.

Hi Ondrej,

Did you ever get any further information on this issue?

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.dpm2010.com
    Monday, January 16, 2012 6:44 AM