NOOB Question RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way to automate "script / GPO / or any other means" to delete a user group from Skype on all users in the environment?

Please let me know if I am not providing all details...

Thank you.

Thursday, January 9, 2020 5:08 PM

All replies

• Hi!

What is your current environment? On-premise or online?

Do you mean you want to remove user Contact group in Skype for Business or user group in AD?

Due to our limited knowledge about script and GPO, we cannot provide you some useful suggestions.

I also tried to search some documents about remove user group automatically but didn’t find any related useful information.

Based on my knowledge, if you want to use GPO for Skype for Business, you should download the Office 2013 ADMX files from Microsoft. Maybe you can find what you want. The following picture shows some GPO policies for Skype for Business.

For more details about Skype for Business client Group policy template, you can refer to:

https://commsverse.blog/2015/07/06/skype-for-business-client-admx-group-policy-template/

If your environment is online, you can also use this script to remove users from all groups. For more details, you can refer to this article:

https://www.michev.info/Blog/Post/2161/script-to-remove-users-from-all-groups-in-office-365

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.
    Friday, January 10, 2020 7:54 AM
  • We are %100 on perm. I looked at the admx for skype and cant see anything related to group management.

Thank you.

Friday, January 10, 2020 2:45 PM
  • Hi Ogeccut!

I still confused about user group in Skype for Business.

Do you mean you want to manage user contact group in Skype for Business client or manage use group in AD?

Bases on my research, we can create Group Policy Object to manage the group, it has options about deleting all member users and delete all member groups. Selecting these options then accidentally linking will remove all users/groups for every machine which is the policy is applied to.

For more details about creating GPO in your Active Directory, you can refer to:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/core-infrastructure-and-security/using-group-policy-preferences-to-manage-the-local-administrator/ba-p/259223

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 9:18 AM
  • Hi,
    Is there any update on this case?
    Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.
    Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 12:55 AM