none
Restoring SQL - Full mode - Sync every 15 minutes RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a DPM 2010 protecting a SQL server with sync every 15 minutes as well as One Express Full backup.

Correct me if im wrong, with SQL the recovery point should be per synchronization frequency which means i will be able to restore Full mode SQL DB every 15 minutes.

I tested to restore one SQL DB with full mode to one of the recovery point that are taken each 15 minutes and when i try to do that i recieve the following message.

All the recovery points above is from where the Express Full Backup is running.

Is there anything that im missing? i should be able to recover the Full mode SQL DB each 15 minutes.

Thank in advance!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties. knowledge is valid only if it is shared by All.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 9:57 AM

All replies

• The database was in Full mode prior to adding it to the DPM protection group?
    Wednesday, October 24, 2012 10:24 AM
  • Yes. and i can see the different protection points created by Sync but still cannt restore from these points.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties. knowledge is valid only if it is shared by All.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 11:01 AM
  • Even recovery points are created and exist but when i try to restore i got the same problem.

Its not only in one server i checked three other DPM servers which have similar settings and i got the same message on different SQL DBs.

Any ideas?

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 1:55 PM
  • I wonder if someone have tested to restore from Sync point?

Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:01 AM
  • Hi,

I've made some tests and i found the following:-

1. DPM does not recover SQL DB Full mode recovery points created by Sync to a Network path when you try to recover using "Copy to a Network Folder".

2. The only way to recovery SQL DB Full mode recovery points created by Sync is to choose one of the options, a. Recover to the original instance. b. Recover to any instance.

Hope that helps,

Laith. 

Friday, October 26, 2012 5:16 AM