locked
AD account replication problem RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    We are facing a problem with the replication of accounts from Active Directory in Sharepoint. We have updated few accounts in AD like last name, email etc. Surprisingly those are not getting reflected in Sharepoint. Whenever the user logs into our Sharepoint intranet portal, its still showing up the old name and this is happening in People picker also. How come Sharepoint picking up the old name, we tried import all the user profiles from SSP but that didn't work too.

     

    Thanks,

    Naveen

    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 5:59 AM

Answers

  • Hi,

    Problem solved when I changed the settings for profile properties in SSP. Earlier properties were not allowed for the users to Edit.

     

    Thanks,

    Naveen.

    • Marked as answer by David HM Thursday, January 27, 2011 8:12 AM
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 6:56 AM

All replies

  • Hi Naveen,

    As per your description I understand that user details are updated in AD , its reflected in SSP user profile but not in the SharePoint site right ? correct me if I am wrong.

    To resolve this follow below steps:

    Method 1:
    Start a full Profile import and Run the below commands

    Run the following commands to Sync the jobs

    STSADM -o Sync -synctiming M:5

    STSADM -o sync -sweeptiming M:5

    By default its set to

    STSADM -o Sync -synctiming M:60

    STSADM -o sync -sweeptiming M:5

    If it still it does not work use method 2

    Method 2:

    We can use a tool called USERPROFILESYNC which can be downloaded from

    http://userprofilesync.codeplex.com/

    For reference

    http://blogs.technet.com/b/paulpaa/archive/2009/10/01/user-profile-information-not-updated-on-site-collection-s-people-and-group.aspx

     


    Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 9:02 AM
  • Hi Pratik,

    Thanks for your reply.

    Even in SSP the account is not updated properly, for e.g email is not populated in SSP. I tried both the methods. I think the first method is to update the timer schedule, it didn't work. For the second method I got following error while executing it.

     

    Error opening User Information List on "http://sharepointserver"

    Stack trace:

    Value does not fall within the expected range.
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListCollection.GetListByName(String strListName, Bo
    olean bThrowException)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListCollection.get_Item(String strListName)
       at UserProfileSync.Program.Main(String[] args)

     

    Thanks,

    Naveen

    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 10:58 AM
  • Hi,

    Problem solved when I changed the settings for profile properties in SSP. Earlier properties were not allowed for the users to Edit.

     

    Thanks,

    Naveen.

    • Marked as answer by David HM Thursday, January 27, 2011 8:12 AM
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 6:56 AM