none
How can I sync custom SharePoint 2010 task list columns with Project 2013? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I'm new to SharePoint and Project. What I'm looking for is:

- I've a task list in SharePoint 2010. I added a custom column(type: date). Is it possible to sync the task list, with the customised column, in Project "Professional" 2013??

Note that I refer to Project Professional.

- If is not possible with that version, can I sync with Project "Server" 2013?

I'd like to know it, before performing a new installation.

Regards,

dod4mod

hi folks!

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 11:35 AM

Answers

• Thanks - I am unable to sync between Project 2013 and SharePoint 2010 online - so there is a difference if you are able to sync.  On to your question.

After a successful sync, in Project Pro go to File > Info and click the Map Fields button underneath the Save And Sync list.  That should allow you to map the column (field) from SharePoint back to a spare field in Project.  You don't state what type of field you created in SharePoint (text, date, number) - but map back to Text1, or Date1, or Number1 as needed.

I hope this helps.

• Marked as answer by dod4mod Friday, May 17, 2013 2:15 PM
    Thursday, May 16, 2013 12:40 PM

All replies

• To the best of my knowledge, Project 2013 will not sync with SharePoint 2010.  I believe SharePoint 2013 is required.
    Wednesday, May 15, 2013 3:07 PM
  • Thank you for your reply.

I tried the steps below using SharePoint 2010 and Project Pro 2013:

------SharePoint 2010------

1 - add a "custom column" to the task list

2 - create a new summary task

3 - insert some tasks into the summary task

4 - do again steps 2/3.

------Project Pro 2013------

5 - open project pro 2013 and click on "save", then click on sync from a SharePoint site

6 - verify the site and select the task list

7 - click "OK" and synchronization is done, that's it.

What I want to solve now:

doing steps 6/7, in Project Pro I'm not able to import the "custom column" of the step 1. And it seems that's not possible to set the sync options to say to project to get it in the project view.

I hope my question is clear. If not, please alert me.

hi folks!

Thursday, May 16, 2013 8:03 AM
  • Thanks - I am unable to sync between Project 2013 and SharePoint 2010 online - so there is a difference if you are able to sync.  On to your question.

After a successful sync, in Project Pro go to File > Info and click the Map Fields button underneath the Save And Sync list.  That should allow you to map the column (field) from SharePoint back to a spare field in Project.  You don't state what type of field you created in SharePoint (text, date, number) - but map back to Text1, or Date1, or Number1 as needed.

I hope this helps.

• Marked as answer by dod4mod Friday, May 17, 2013 2:15 PM
    Thursday, May 16, 2013 12:40 PM
  • Thank you very much! It works! 

That's what I was looking for! 

hi folks!

Friday, May 17, 2013 2:16 PM
  • You're welcome and thanks for the feedback.  Glad you have it working as needed.
    Friday, May 17, 2013 2:58 PM