Help with Legal Notice before login and forced logoff after a specific period of inactivity. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a few questions about the optional legal notice that can be setup on Windows Vista.  First I was wondering if there is anyway to change what font size is displayed on the screen.  The default font is really small and very hard for our users to read.  Next I was wondering if there was a way to have the text either right aligned or centered instead of the default left align as our legal notice is not very long and we would like to use shorter lines centered on the screen.  Finally I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to set the machines to automatically logoff after a period of inactivity, say 20 minutes or so.  Preferably I would like some kind of warning for the user to be able to cancel the logoff if they are sitting at the machine to prevent any unneccessary data loss.  Any help with these matters would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

1R0N

Thursday, August 5, 2010 3:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet forums.

I would like to answer your questions one by one:

1.        First I was wondering if there is anyway to change what font size is displayed on the screen. 

Please see: How To Increase Logon Screen Text Size In Windows 7

Note: we provide the third party link for technical use only. There may be some changes without notice, Microsoft doesn’t guarantee any accuracy on contacting information.

2.        Next I was wondering if there was a way to have the text either right aligned or centered instead of the default left align.

Officially there is no such method.

3.         Finally I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to set the machines to automatically logoff after a period of inactivity, say 20 minutes or so. 

You could create a task sequence, please refer to: automatic logout after inactivity/idle

Best Regards

Dale Qiao
    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by 1R0N Saturday, August 7, 2010 6:41 PM
    Friday, August 6, 2010 2:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet forums.

I would like to answer your questions one by one:

1.        First I was wondering if there is anyway to change what font size is displayed on the screen. 

Please see: How To Increase Logon Screen Text Size In Windows 7

Note: we provide the third party link for technical use only. There may be some changes without notice, Microsoft doesn’t guarantee any accuracy on contacting information.

2.        Next I was wondering if there was a way to have the text either right aligned or centered instead of the default left align.

Officially there is no such method.

3.         Finally I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to set the machines to automatically logoff after a period of inactivity, say 20 minutes or so. 

You could create a task sequence, please refer to: automatic logout after inactivity/idle

Best Regards

Dale Qiao
    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by 1R0N Saturday, August 7, 2010 6:41 PM
    Friday, August 6, 2010 2:33 AM
  • Thanks so much for your help.  I will implement this next week.

1R0N

Saturday, August 7, 2010 6:42 PM