Dual Monitor - One keeps going to sleep RRS feed

• Question

• I just bought two ASUS monitors. When I start the computer, I see the ASUS logo on both monitors. When it boots into windows, one goes to sleep automatically. Short of performing the next step, nothing I can do can wake up that monitor.  If I unplug the "working" monitor, it forces the other monitor to "wake up". I can then plug the monitor back in and both monitors work.

How can I get it to where I don't have to unplug and re-plug the monitor in so both monitors work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Friday, February 10, 2017 3:44 PM

All replies

• Do you experience the same in Safe mode also?

I shall suggest you to update your display driver and check the issue.

S.Sengupta, Windows Insider MVP

Friday, February 10, 2017 4:21 PM
  • Booting in safe mode to test dual monitors is a bad suggestion, so please don't follow that. Safe mode is intended to load only the essential drivers for the operating system to function. Typically dual monitors do not work in safe mode.

But do update your display drivers and see if that fixes it.

Friday, February 10, 2017 4:34 PM
  • Hi Pesadilla,

What is the display adapter model and the ASUS monitors?

Please try to update the display adapter driver from the device manufacturer website. Try to download the drivers for your monitors from the device manufacturer website, too.

There is a possibility that the display adapter couldn`t support highest resolution. We could try to configure a lower resolution then check the symptom again.

Best regards,
    Joy.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Joy-Qiao Tuesday, February 14, 2017 1:35 AM
    Monday, February 13, 2017 9:57 AM