Problems with Windows Installer, MSXML4.dll when trying to install Quickbooks Pro2011 Windows 7 64 bit RRS feed

• Question

• Howdy,

I have been trying everything I see posted to fix this issue, if anyone can fix this you will be my new personal hero. My tale of woe:

I am a partner at a small business in the country, and after a lightning storm our computer was damaged and we had to replace it. After dealing with incompetent people to transfer the data and such, I began the setting up of the users from the administrator profile in Windows 7. Everything seemed to install as it should (excluding one program from 1994), with one exception, Quickbooks Pro2011. The problem occurs during the last phase of the install of the program; when loading, windows installer pops up and says "configuring Quickbooks" which then goes into a reboot loop, telling me to do the changes I must restart. Well, after a restart, I get the same installer, same request to reboot. I can access the program only if I close the process from the task manager multiple times, and also throughout the use of the program, and if I let the installer go alone, it will auto close Quickbooks.

I tried a clean uninstall/install, to no avail, did a registry defrag, no good. I then put the contents of the CD on the harddrive and used the .msi installer instead of the one the cd autoloads, no luck. I then spent 6.5 hours on the phone with multiple techies at Intuit ( the makers of Quickbooks), and they told me that my .net 3.5 framework was corrupted, and to wipe the whole computer and try again, and that oh, by the way, msxml was corrupted and so was my windows installer. I see this same problem over and over on the forums, so I don't believe him, and would love some help. I have also tried to install Quickbooks via download, to no avail. I need this program to work correctly for payroll, and seeing as it is Friday, it would be nice if I could get the guys a check soon! Thanks for the help

Saturday, July 30, 2011 1:13 PM

Answers

All replies

• Did this issue occur with other program installation?

Please logon with Clean Boot and install it again.

Also you can  try to repair .NET framework like below:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2009/03/04/9459067.aspx

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Friday, August 5, 2011 7:18 AM
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 6:27 AM