Can't login to SFB 2016 after each update and computer restart - for Win 7 & Win 10 users RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

For a few months now, we have problems with SFB 2016. After each windows updates and computer restart, we have this error: "You didn't get signed in. It might be your sign-in address or logon credentials, so try those again. If that doesn't work, contact your support team".

It's not a credentials problem, it happened after the user restarted his machine after the updates. We tried everything we could and also found on the net like sign in info, SIP info, re-installation but this issue is recurrent and all SFB users have it.

I tried to delete the recent updates one by one until I see that when I delete KB4461473, Skype works fine again. So I hide this update and try to re-install others updates and after restart it was working again until I install a new update KB4462234. After restart Skype not working, I uninstalled the update but unfortunately it doesn't work.

I found on the net that KB4461473 causing some troubles on Skype but not related to login issue.

When I re-install it and repair or re-install office, it works fine but it's the same routine after updates so now I don't know what update is causing the problem or if the problem is the updates. I notice on another machine that has the same problem that KB4461473 is not in the installed updates.

Now I want to know if we need to do something in our domain or create some key in the registry because our computers don't have access to the net directly so may be it will explain something.

All windows 7 (with office 2010) and windows 10 (with office 2016) have the same routine issue.

Thanks in advance for your help, let me know if you need more information about anything you suspect.

Friday, May 24, 2019 3:18 PM

All replies

• Hi DregboDamien,

According to your description, after updating some windows update and restarting the PC, users can’t sign in PC and SFB client show the SIP address or credentials issue.

For this issue, I suggest you could try to check the following:
    1. According to your description, you have this issue after updating KB4461473, and after updating KB4462234, it works. The two KBs are the SFB client update, and KB4462234 could update the SFB client to latest version, I suggest you could update the SFB client to the latest. In addition, please also try to change the following registry path: reg add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync /v EnableARIATelemetryFeature /t REG_DWORD /d 0
    2. As this issue show SIP address and credentials issue, please try to delete the following cache files and check again:
    SFB client cache file: %Userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\sip_XXXXX
    SFB Registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\sip_XXXXX
    3. As most of users have this issue, I also suggest you could check whether you have set GPO to assign root CA certificate in your environment. You could also refer to the case to find the details. 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Tuesday, May 28, 2019 2:17 AM
    Monday, May 27, 2019 2:38 AM
  • Hi Evan,

Thanks for your reply.

I said after installing KB4462234 it doesn't work. We have already tried to delete the sip information and this has not helped us.

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 7:01 PM
  • There is the log file in Tracing folder:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <root>
      <Login>
        <Info><![CDATA[
        ACTION : RESUME SIGNIN AFTER NEW CRED
    Doing logon attempt with data:
       currState=AboutToLogIn
       sipUri=Changed
       server=Changed, external, discovered
       authModes=0x1000c
       with Cert Cred
       logonCredPassword.CredType is Default
       proxyAuthModes=0x3f
       epFlags=200
       withAutoRetrials=1
       credsAvailability=CredsValid
       redirectedServersList=
       newState=AboutToLogIn
       statusCode=0]]></Info>
        <Info><![CDATA[Logon success state 2 reported by user id=OCS (adjusted=OCS) on CManagedCredential[CERT this=206794E8, PCERT_CONTEXT=1B8BE918]]]></Info>
        <Info><![CDATA[Logon success state 2 reported by user id=OCS (adjusted=OCS) on CManagedCredential[DEFAULT this=16450560]]]></Info>
        <Info><![CDATA[CLogonCredentialManager::QueryForSpecificCreds() Credential user 0x165C7F68 id=0 querying for specific credentials, credSuccess=2, targetName=Microsoft_OC1:uri=Changed:specific:OCS:1, upn=]]></Info>
        <Info><![CDATA[
       VerifyOnEnableEvent result return ONENABLE_FAIL_AUTH_FAIL
       status=0x80ef0191
       authWebserviceBaseUrl=Changed
        ACTION: AUTH FAIL
    Doing logon attempt with data:
       currState=AboutToLogIn
       sipUri=Changed
       server=Changed, external, discovered
       authModes=0x1000c
       proxyAuthModes=0x3f
       epFlags=200
       withAutoRetrials=1
       credsAvailability=WaitForNewCreds
       newState=AboutToLogIn
       statusCode=0]]></Info>
        <ExecutionDuration>921</ExecutionDuration>
        <SequenceID>1.1</SequenceID>
        <hr>0x1</hr>
      </Login>
    </root>

I have the same info on the workstations I checked. What I can do with this please?

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 6:14 PM
  • Hi DregboDamien,

Please try to check whether there’s GPO to assign root CA certificate in your environment.

According to the logs you provided, it seems the sipUri has been changed in the user’s PC, is the SIP address same as the UPN for users in your environment? Please also try to clear the credentials in user’s PC then check this issue again. 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, May 31, 2019 8:36 AM
  • Hi Evan,

Sorry, it's my fault. I replaced our information with the word "changed", I didn't choose the right word.

Friday, May 31, 2019 5:48 PM
  • Hi DregboDamien,

In the logs you provided, I could not find the useful information, could you please provide the full logs about this in our forum. Please note hide the information such as your domain, IP address and etc. 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Tuesday, June 4, 2019 9:30 AM
  • Hi DregboDamien,

Is there any update for this issue? 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Thursday, June 6, 2019 2:55 AM
  • Hi Evan,

Sorry, no update I'm in way with this.

What log do you want? The first log is the log in Users\user-name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\Tracing\Lync-16.0.4600.1000-SigninTelemetryLog I just changed our informations by "changed" .

Do you know any other log I can shared with you?

Thanks

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 1:52 PM