Vista boot manager is missing, os not recognized RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, my computer, which has vista home premium on it, has crashed this morning, but it wasnt a blue screen or other similar crashes.  the screen just froze and i was forced to restart it via case button.  however when rebooting the dreaded "bootmgr is missing" message popped up.
    ive tried to repair via the vista dvd but when i try to repair or recover the bootmgr i get the message:

Root cause found:
    ---------------------------
    Boot manager is missing or corrupt.

Repair action: File repair
    Result: Failed. Error code = 0x15
    Time taken = 0 ms

i dont know what to do now, one thing to note, is that i have windows xp on onther harddrive which is now also not being recognized because vista overwrote the bootmgr with its own

another thing is, when i scan for operating systems in the repair console of the recovery tools, it does not find the vista os nor the xp os.

what should i do? i need to recover it because it has some files which i need.
    Monday, December 29, 2008 6:04 PM

Answers

• well, it turns out that the computer was fine, i wiggled some hdd cables and then restarted and walla they show up on bios.  after that i was able to recognize them and repair them via the vista disc.  Thanks for the help (from other threads) and hope this will help someone else who might be in my position.
    • Marked as answer by Ravanga Monday, December 29, 2008 6:28 PM
    Monday, December 29, 2008 6:27 PM