none
contenttype reifner in refinement panel does not work for spspeople RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I made a scope that searches for STS_ListItem_Contacts and SPSPeople, I made a refiner to filter by contenttype:

<Category Title="content type" Description="" Type="Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.WebControls.ManagedPropertyFilterGenerator" MetadataThreshold="1" NumberOfFiltersToDisplay="4" MaxNumberOfFilters="20" ShowMoreLink="True" MappedProperty="mycontenttype" MoreLinkText="show more" LessLinkText="show less" ShowCounts="Count" />

but it shows me only contacts contenttype (contact) not spspeople contenttype (urn:content-class:SPSPeople), anyone knows why?

Thanks

• Edited by malche Sunday, May 20, 2012 6:59 PM
    Sunday, May 20, 2012 9:37 AM

All replies

• Hi malche,

The SPSPeople content type refers to people search entities from the user profile store, and people search is not indexed in FS4SP, but in the internal SharePoint index. Thus getting list results and people results in the same result page is not possible.

It might be possible to add sps3://yoursite to the FAST Content SSA and have people as  a source in the FS4SP index, but frankly I have never tried as there is no fuzzy name search in FS4SP.

Thanks,
    Mikael Svenson

Search Enthusiast - SharePoint MVP/MCT
    http://techmikael.blogspot.com/
    Author of Working with FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint

Sunday, May 20, 2012 6:56 PM