none
Rotating ball

Question

• Microsoft did an update on my computer during the night, next morning I logged on to my hotmail address, and low and behold I found this very colourful ball spinning around on my screen and locking up this outlook joke of a system, which requiring it to be rebooted each time, and has consequence been a pain the arse ever since.  (1 year in fact).

I have sent this question to microsoft  numerous times without even one reply, acknowledgement or anything. It would appear that you are unable to offer any advice on this matter, and must be beyond your ability solve this problem, remember the little ball was not in my computer prior to your scheduled update.

Looking forward to some positive outcome from you.

Regards

Peter Mills        

Saturday, April 8, 2017 2:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Peter,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Outlook doesn't In order to understand the problem correctly so that we can try to provide efficient solution, I'd like to clarify the following questions:

What version of Microsoft Outlook are you using?

How did you set up the Outlook.com account in your Outlook? Via Exchange, POP3, IMAP or Exchange ActiveSync?

Does this issue continue if we try to start Outlook in safe mode? To do this, press Windows key + R to open the Run command, type outlook /safe and press Enter.

To my knowledge, Outlook won't display a colorful rotating ball. Could you provide screenshot of the  rotating ball so that we can understand it more clearly? If you cannot upload images in this forum currently, you can share it to us via GBSD TN Office Information Collection ibsofc@microsoft.com. (Please include the tread URL in the email message for easy follow-up)

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 10, 2017 2:27 AM