locked
Upgrade Failure | Re-installed SCCM fresh with different Site Code | Change Site Code on Clients RRS feed

  • Question

  • I faced severe issues when upgrading SCCM 2012 SP1 to SCCM 2012 R2 SP1. After much exploring and troubleshooting I formatted the server & with a new server name, new site code I re-installed SCCM 2012 SP1 & then later upgraded to SCCM 2012 SP2. This time i didn't try R2 flavour & I was not able to directly install a fresh copy SCCM 2012 SP2.

    Anyways, the problem now is, clients have been now discovered. I'm unable to puch SCCM Agent & old clients with agent already installed are not able to display the agent information.

    If I manually change the Site Code by assigning the new site code, machines update the agent information that is already installed on them.

    If I manually uninstall & re-install the SCCM from client side, works like a charm. Push is not working on a brand new machine too.

    1. I need help in powershell cmdlet to change site code for machine or group of machines using collection. I'm able to pull information using:

    Get-CMDevice -Name "abc" | FT Name, SiteCode

    Unfortunately, there is no Set-CMDevice command.

    2. How & where do i verify the correct site code in AD /ADSI editor to figure out why PUSH SCCM agent is failing on machines where old agent is installed or on a new machine. I've setup automatic push installation.

     Thanks,


    Fahad

    Sunday, December 27, 2015 9:23 AM

All replies

  • Client push can also be used to reassign clients. Examine ccm.log on the server. dsa.msc can be used to examine the contents of the System Management container (if advanced features are enabled) - just remove all pointers to the old sitecode (which is unrelated to client push itself).

    Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

    Sunday, December 27, 2015 9:52 AM
  • Hi Torsten,

    When I uninstalled the corrupted installation during migration, I deleted the systems management container & recreated.

    Still I'll take a look but let me know where exactly to look for. I ran powershell cmdlets get-activedirectory & get-site... all cmdlets returned new site code only.


    Fahad

    Sunday, December 27, 2015 4:08 PM
  • So you don't have to worry about the contents of the container.

    Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

    Sunday, December 27, 2015 5:51 PM