none
SCCM won't download updates for Software Upgrade Group

Question

• I'm currently having an issue with our SCCM Current branch server trying to download updates from the Software Update Groups. So I right click on the group > Download > It processes but at the end of it, it always ends in errors. I check the SMSPRov log file and the error I keep getting is:

User doesn't have permission to the folder \\sccm\j

SspPackageInst::ImportContent() failed.

What I've done is gone to the J drive > Properties > Security tab > Edit (And then I've added the account that belongs to this server and made sure it has Full Control over the drive.

Yet I'm still getting this permission issue. So I'm at a loss. I've given that drive full access to every account I can think of and it still is giving me that error.

Thursday, December 6, 2018 7:54 PM

All replies

• If the volume is local to the system hosting the SMS Provider (which is usually your site server) then you need to add full control permissions for the local System account as well to the NTFS permissions (and Share permissions usually).

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Thursday, December 6, 2018 10:35 PM
  • Hi Jason, thank you for your reply. The volume is local to the system. And I do see that SYSTEM is set to have full permissions. 

Sharing did not have SYSTEM in there so I've added that to the permissions list and gave it full control as well. I'm going to test now and see if that resolved my issue. 

Thursday, December 6, 2018 11:19 PM