none
Project server 2010 Event & Queue services are down & sharepoint administration RRS feed

• Question

• HI ,

After OS path updates the servers are restarted , Now both Queue & Event services are stopped if i try to start manually i am getting below error. same with SharePoint administration service it is also stopped.

Can you any one please help me  as how to fix this issue.

"The Microsoft Project Server Queue Service 2010 service failed to start due to the following error:
     error 1053 The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."

Thank You, Kumar KSV

Friday, September 9, 2016 11:59 AM

All replies

• i have fixed the Project server event & queue service issue by the below link but sharepoint 2010adminstration service is not starting up giving same error, can any please help me.

The SharePoint 2010 Administration service failed to start due to the following error:
    The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/projectserver/en-US/153d483d-4ee7-4abd-94ba-c48459dd27d7/project-server-2010-queue-service-and-event-service-could-not-start?forum=projserv2010setup&prof=required

follow those steps would be help:

• Open file config by notepage or something else to edit

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\14.0\Bin\Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Eventing.exe.config

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\14.0\Bin\Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Queuing.exe.config

• Edit or add new tag

<configuration>

<runtime>

<generatePublisherEvidence enabled="false"/>

</runtime> </configuration>

Thank You, Kumar KSV

• Edited by kumar ksv Friday, September 9, 2016 12:45 PM
    Friday, September 9, 2016 12:35 PM
  • After modifyng registry value sharepoint administration service issue is also fixed.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/kb/2756815

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control add/modify DWORD value ServicesPipeTimeout to 60000 (60 seconds)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control add/modify STRING value WaitToKillServiceTimeout to 120000 (120 seconds)

Thank You, Kumar KSV

Friday, September 9, 2016 1:39 PM