Windows Server Standard 2008 R2, with two Windows Storage Servers 2003: How can I add MAC authentication on top of Active Directory authentication for one of the Storage Servers? RRS feed

• Question

•                 I have two Storage Servers running Windows Storage Server 2003 in a Windows Server Standard 2008 R2 Domain.  On top of Active Directory authentication, I want to add MAC address authentication for access to just one of the Storage Servers.  In this scenario, an authenticated user cannot log into the target Storage Server unless the user is also on one of the accepted MAC address computers.  All domain users will have access to the other Storage Server files and folders as setup in Active Directory.  I've already setup user access by permissions to the folders on the target Storage Server, however I want to further restrict access to specific computers as well.  For what it's worth the server hardware is HP Proliant DL360 G5 for the Server Standard 2008 R2, and HP Proliant DL185 G5 for the two Storage Server 2003 computers.  I do NOT want to have MAC address authentication as the primary means of access control to the network, only to the one Storage Server as an addition to the Active Directory control.
    Tuesday, May 14, 2013 5:46 PM

Answers