none
Dirty Deployment Task RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to deploy Windows 10 Enterprise x64 to the Dell OptiPlex 5040 Small Form Factor with MDT 2013 Update 1. My deployment task is successful in deploying the image to the computer, but after a series of successive reboots, the local administrator logs in and that's it. The part where the deployment should continue and install applications doesn't happen. The BDD.log file just halts at different steps. This will persist until the computer is manually restarted. Then, it will automatically log in as the administrator again and present the dirty deployment dialog box indicating a previous deployment had not finished etc... I opt to not start a new deployment, and it seems as if the original deployment restarts and finishes with the application installs. The end if the "Deployment Not Successful" screen, indicating that the deployment couldn't find the NIC and that it could not continue over wireless. The ethernet driver is installed throughout the entire deployment without error. Curiously, the NIC is listed as "Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2)" Uninstalling/reinstalling the NIC doesn't change that designation. It is an Intel i219-V adapter. I checked for updated drivers from the Dell and Intel sites, but there are none. Could this be the issue? I can't find anything regarding it online. The last error from the "Deployment Unsuccessful" screen is about the SLShare having an invalid path. The path is correct and the log files are written there at the end. SLSDynamicLogging is enabled for the deployment share so I can see where the task is failing.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jason

Thursday, November 19, 2015 2:27 PM

Answers

• I had a similar issue recently but found updated NIC drivers. I also discovered that a BIOS package I made with Dell command configure was causing BDD.exe to crash. Once I disabled the task for that it fixed my issue.

My issues though were with Windows 10 1511

You could try removing the NIC drivers as Windows 10 probably already contains them and see if it works fine like that.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

• Marked as answer by N74JW Thursday, November 19, 2015 7:38 PM
    Thursday, November 19, 2015 5:02 PM

All replies

• I had a similar issue recently but found updated NIC drivers. I also discovered that a BIOS package I made with Dell command configure was causing BDD.exe to crash. Once I disabled the task for that it fixed my issue.

My issues though were with Windows 10 1511

You could try removing the NIC drivers as Windows 10 probably already contains them and see if it works fine like that.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

• Marked as answer by N74JW Thursday, November 19, 2015 7:38 PM
    Thursday, November 19, 2015 5:02 PM
  • I'll give that a try. It can't hurt. Thanks!

Jason

Thursday, November 19, 2015 5:30 PM
  • Success! I first disabled the driver Windows 10 was using in the Out-of-box driver store. Ironically, the driver wasn't in the folder for the OptiPlex 5040, but in the OptiPlex 9010 folder. After that I only got one error instead of three.

A -2147467259 0x80004005 error.

Some Googling had me find that the error could be from a step in the task that I added to activate Windows. Disabling that step seemingly fixed that lone error.

Great!

Thanks

Jason

Thursday, November 19, 2015 7:37 PM