Need Order ID for Windows Ph/Windows Dev Acct RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi, Eric (if you're still available to help)! I just finished a lengthy online chat session with Symantec, who has referred me back to Microsoft. My issue is that my dev account is still being vetted by Symantec (for about a month). Symantec could not help me resolve this issue. They asked me to contact Microsoft again and obtain an Order ID, which they need to research the status of my account. FYI, my account dashboard states: "Vetting." Thank you for any help you can provide. Dante
    Friday, July 4, 2014 4:51 PM

All replies

• Please see the Private Distribution section in the show notes of this link:

http://channel9.msdn.com/Shows/Inside+Windows+Phone/IWP72-Deploying-Windows-Phone-apps-for-the-Enterprise

Excerpt

First step is you need to create a developer account at http://dev.windowsphone.com/. You need to make sure you create a company account and not an individual developer account. Part of this process is Microsoft asks for some proof if you are really the company you tell us you are.

Once you have created this developer account you can buy an Enterprise Mobile Signing Certificate from Symantec. Currently we only support Symantec certificates to sign your corporate Windows Phone applications

Hope this helps

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 9:24 PM
  • Hi Mike, Thank you for answering my concern. However, I already have a developer account. However, I need to obtain my Order ID. I believe this must come from the Microsoft Accounting Department. This is needed by Symantec for Symantec to research why my account has been in "Vetting" status for about a month or two. This is not a technical support issue. This is an Accounting Department issue and, again, I need to provide Symantec an Order ID. Please forward this to the Microsoft Developer Accounting Department if it cannot be handled through this forum. Thank you, again!
    Monday, July 14, 2014 12:15 PM
  • That is not something we can do through this forum. I would recommend following up with the Dev Account contacts probably listed in email from when you created your developer account.
    Monday, July 14, 2014 6:36 PM