Created By change setting for MOSS 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Please can someone tell me the place in central admin(MOSS 2007) where i can change the setting for Created By Column which come by default .

For my login (admin) Created By is system account->Share point \System i want to see here my name(from active directory ) as i can see for other login.

Thanks for help.

sudhanshu sharma Do good and cast it into river :)
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 11:06 AM

All replies

• You won't be able to fix this by changing the "Created By" column (which you can't really change anyway because it's a system column).

The reason this happens is because you have used your own account as the SharePoint farm/system account. The change this you would need to change what AD account is used as the SharePoint farm/system account. You do this by changing the application pool identity for your web application. There are details on how to do this at:

http://www.dhirendrayadav.com/2010/07/show-username-instead-of-system-account.html

Wednesday, February 1, 2012 12:46 PM
  • Hi Steven,

First thanks for your reply.

I have followed the steps given in your mention site but still on top of test server system account (so created By column is also system account) is appearing i have done iisreset  many times  but no use

Please any help:(

Monday, February 6, 2012 7:09 AM
  • HI MAy i got ur contact id please if you dont mind?

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 12:20 PM