none
Manager Based Groups RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I need a suggestion on how to implement Manager Based Groups in FIM from HR 

HR has ManagerID as ref attribute. I need to populate Manager based groups according to ManagerID. 

My Plan was to use a powershell script after each run to check if the group is there in FIM and create one using Powershell script. I don't know if this approach is the best. 

• Edited by Muju_S Wednesday, January 6, 2016 6:15 AM
    Wednesday, January 6, 2016 6:15 AM

All replies

• Hello,

My approach would be to define a set containing all managers and use a transition in MPR that triggers a custom workflow (C# or powershell) to create the required group.

Hope this helps!

Wim Beck | IS4U FIM/MIM Expert Blog: blog.is4u.be

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer. Thank you!

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 12:49 PM
  • In addition to Wim's approach, I've also done all of the calculation for this before in SQL/Oracle. To do this, you import a view that lists each group and its members based on the management chain data and then project groups based on that.

Thanks,
    Brian

Consulting | Blog | AD Book

Thursday, January 7, 2016 12:46 AM
  • Instead of creating a custom workflow or flowing in the groups from SQL you could also use Granfeldt Activity Library to dynamically create the groups, which we are using:

https://fimactivitylibrary.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Create%20Object&referringTitle=Documentation

Did my post help? Please use "Vote As Helpful", "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Thursday, January 7, 2016 10:13 AM
  • Thanks Leo !! 

Create Group is working good.. The only issue I am now facing is setting the Filter attribute. Its not taking it as I need manager based groups. Any Suggestions ? 

- Mujeeb Shaikh

Thursday, January 14, 2016 11:52 AM
  • Thanks for the suggestion Brian

- Mujeeb Shaikh

Thursday, January 14, 2016 11:52 AM
  • Thanks I will give a try. 

- Mujeeb Shaikh

Thursday, January 14, 2016 11:54 AM
  • Try putting the Filter attribute in an WorkflowData variable before using it in the Create Activity. See if that helps.

Did my post help? Please use "Vote As Helpful", "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Thursday, January 14, 2016 4:18 PM