Error sending mail after upgrade to W10 RRS feed

• Question

• Several users are getting the following error trying to send mail from a IMAP account in outlook with the same setup as in W 8.1

Task  - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC13) : 'Cannot connect to the network. Verify your network connection or modem.'

all settings are OK in W8.1  Solution ?

Saturday, August 1, 2015 2:35 PM

Answers

• Hi Lien,

Thank you for your question.

By the error, please make sure network connectivity without any problems. Then we could refer to the following steps to check if the issue persist:

1. Create a new shortcut to Outlook 2013. Right click/Run As Administrator.
    2. If it works, it tells that it is the permissions. Then Right click /Compatibility/ Privilege Level/ Run This Program As Administrator.
    3. Then we got to C drive/ Program Files/ Microsoft Office/ Office 15 Folder/ Right Click/ Properties/ Security/ Administrators and Users All Checked Full Control.

In addition, we could refer to the following link:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2013_release-outlook/sending-reported-error-0x800ccc13-cannnot-connect/eda37e24-52a0-4665-8606-41482eade98a?auth=1 

If there are any questions regarding this issue, please be free to let me know.

Best Regard,

Jim

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 12:47 PM

All replies

• I have a similar issue. However, it is slightly different.

I am using POP mail

It has also sent email post Windows 10 upgrade but has stopped sending any mail for no apparent reason.   I can browse the internet so the connection if fine.  I can also receive email but just not send.

I have rebooted the internet connection

I have rebooted the computer and also restarted Outlook 2013.  All without joy

The only change that was made in-between sending emails correctly and not is that I changed the comms connection to say that I was on a metered link.   Thinking that may be an issue, I changed it back to an unmetered link.  This had no impact, so I restarted the machine, comms link and Outlook 2013 again - still no joy.

Very frustrating - can send and receive mail from the same pop/SMTP server (using the same comms link as the computer).

Computer is a Surface Pro 2, i5, 8GB RAM, 256 SSD, Windows 10 Pro

Any help gratefully received

Cheers

Geoff 

UPDATE:

This worked for me (pending a real fix):

http://www.outlook-tips.net/tips/outlook-error-ox800ccc13-in-windows-10/

Monday, August 3, 2015 8:28 PM

• Hi Lien,

Thank you for your question.

By the error, please make sure network connectivity without any problems. Then we could refer to the following steps to check if the issue persist:

1. Create a new shortcut to Outlook 2013. Right click/Run As Administrator.
    2. If it works, it tells that it is the permissions. Then Right click /Compatibility/ Privilege Level/ Run This Program As Administrator.
    3. Then we got to C drive/ Program Files/ Microsoft Office/ Office 15 Folder/ Right Click/ Properties/ Security/ Administrators and Users All Checked Full Control.

In addition, we could refer to the following link:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2013_release-outlook/sending-reported-error-0x800ccc13-cannnot-connect/eda37e24-52a0-4665-8606-41482eade98a?auth=1 

If there are any questions regarding this issue, please be free to let me know.

Best Regard,

Jim

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 12:47 PM