none
Resource Base Calendar is wrong RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I'm having trouble with resource calendars. We employ MS Project Server 2010 and Project Professional.

If I add a resource from the enterprise resource pool to a project, Project Professional shows me that this resource has the 'Standard' calendar (5 day work week). When I, however, look at the database (published), the BaseCalendarUniqueId is set to another enterprise calendar (7 day work week).

So either this is a Project Professional bug (it assigns work to this resource based on a 5 day work week) or I don't understand Project calendars not well enough.

Can you resolve this issue?

Thanks, Tom

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 12:40 AM

All replies

• Hey Tom,

What exactly are you attempting to do? Without this context, it is difficult to address your question.

Thanks!

Treb Gatte | @tgatte | http://AboutMSProject.com

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 1:30 AM
  • Hey Treb,

I'm actually just trying to read out programmatically the correct resource calendar for an assignment for which there is no task calendar. But while doing that, I'm facing the described problem.

Background: We want to count days on which the resource works. So we have to know what are the correct working days for that resource (i.e. the resource calendar). Since there is no way to access working days directly via Project Server Interface (PSI), I need to switch cases between the different available calendars.

Thank you for your help,

Tom

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 11:25 AM
  • Does really nobody have a clue why the resource base calendar and the resource calendar in ms project differ? 

Thanks again :) Tom

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 11:55 AM
  • Tom, I don't know the answer to your question but here are a couple of thoughts:

1. You mention looking at the published database for the calendar id. Is it the same in the draft database - which is what Project Pro would be using when calculating an assignment schedulE?
    2. What does the resource availability look like in the Resource Centre availability view. Does this look as though it uses the 5 or 7 day calendar?
    3. Is digging into the database tables the best way of getting the info you want? Why not use a resource availability view in BI or Resource Centre?

Graham

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 6:31 PM