Got the bad_pool_caller screen, how to fix? RRS feed

• Question

• I got the bad_pool_caller screen,  I was wondering how I can go about fixing this. Everything seems ok now after it restarted, but I'm guessing it can happen again and obviously don't want that.

Thanks

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 4:04 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Please run Blue Screen troubleshooter from Control Panel > Troubleshooting > View all. Let us know if this helps.

Regards.

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 4:20 AM
  • Please post using one drive or drop box share links:

1) mini dump files:  %SystemRoot%\Minidump or c:\windows\minidump

2) memory dump file:  %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP or C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

Use file explorer > this PC > local C: drive > right upper corner search enter each of the above to find results.

3) msinfo32

In left lower corner search type msinfo32 > wait 5 minutes for it to load > save to desktop > use share link to post into thread

4) dxdiag

In left lower corner search type dxdixg > wait 5 minutes for it to load > save to desktop > use share link to post into thread.

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 5:52 AM
  • Hi,

You could revert to a previous configuration of your PC. Here are steps.

1. Turn off your PC by pressing and holding the power button, then wait and press it again turn it back on. When you see your PC manufacturer's logo, turn the PC off again. Repeat the process until you see a Please wait message.

2. On the next screen, select Troubleshoot, then choose Advanced options -> Startup Settings.

3. Select the Restart button.

4. When your PC restarts, you can choose how to start. Choose last known good configuration

5. Make sure that your drivers are current. Select the Start button, then in the search box next to Start, type drivers. In the results list, select Update device drivers. In Device Manager, select Action -> Scan for hardware changes. Restart your PC by selecting the Start button, then select Power  -> Restart.

Here are links may also help you solve the problem.

Fix error 0xC2: Bad_pool_caller:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026863/windows-fix-error-0xc2-badpoolcaller

Troubleshoot blue screen errors:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14238/windows-10-troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Vera Hu Friday, September 8, 2017 4:59 AM
    Thursday, September 7, 2017 10:02 AM