none
Dashboard Designer Datasource Creation Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am trying to setup a new datasource to an OLAP cube.  In the "New Data Source" creation I check the "Use the following connection" For the connection string I have tried using

https://project2010.domain.com/olap/msmdpump.dll

and a connection string I created in Excel

Provider=MSOLAP.4;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=True;Data Source=https://project2010.domain.com/olap/msmdpump.dll;Initial Catalog=MyCatalog

but I get the following error. 

"An error occurred connecting to this data source.  Please check the data source for any unsaved changed and click on Test Data Source button to confirm connection to data source"

I did a trace and it gives me a 500 error when tryint to connect.  However I successfully connect using to the datasource using Excel and I am using the Farm administrator account for testing.

Can anyone give me an idea as to why this is not working?  If it is a permission issue I am at a loss as to where I set this.  As far as I can tell everything is setup in the environment correctly.  Actually, it does not work on any implementation of Project Server 2010 I have tested on.  I am using administrator accounts and can connect to the cube everywhere else but within Dashboard designer.

Many thanks for any help you can give me here!

Mike

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 9:08 PM

All replies

• Use the same syntax as found in the Sample excel when project server was installed and configured.
    Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 7:53 PM
  • Hi there,

Thank you for your reply.  I'm not exactly sure what you mean.  I have tried using just the link as well as the syntax that was successful in Excel.  For some reason when I try through DD it does not work.

I was going to update this when I had more info but we do have a case open with MS regarding this issue.  Its been open for over a week now and it looks like they are having some trouble figuring out what the problem is as well.  When we get it sorted out I will post here.

Thanks!

Mike

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 8:20 PM