Windows Update Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys, i did try all the suggestion you posted on this site, but none of them gave me the right solution to fix my Windows update component

Windows Update component in Vista Home Premium dosen't work...messageWindows Update can't currently check for updates,Because  the service is not running You may need to restart your computer!!!!!!!!!

Anybody with new suggestion for Windows Vista Premium 32 bit?

Please.....I need suggestions for Vista Home premium 32 bit

Thanks

Regards,

simsmart

Saturday, July 21, 2012 10:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Similar Thread

I suggest you ask this question in the Microsoft Vista Forum for further discussion.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Mohammed Imtiyaz Ali

Sunday, July 22, 2012 11:28 AM
  • Hi,

The fix for me was to go into Windows Update and change the settings to "Never check for updates (not recommended)", click OK, and then change it back to "Install updates automatically". I'm sure that switching it off this way and then choosing any option that enables windows updates would have had the same effect. As soon as I did this, windows update went from having a red X to a green check mark that said "Windows is up to date" (even though it was not - but this signified that the service was now working properly). I clicked check for updates and was successful - several updates were ready to be downloaded and installed.

If Enable

Try this:
    •go to services and stop Windows update service
    •locate C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\ folder and delete all its content
    •start Windows update service
    •check for updates

Also available at this URL:

http://jndm.net/2011/09/28/how-to-fix-windows-update-cannot-currently-check-for-updates-because-the-service-is-not-running/

Similar Thread

Hope this help you.

Thanks,

Mohammed Imtiyaz Ali

Monday, July 23, 2012 6:07 PM