none
Project Server 2013: Reporting queue jobs are not processed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a MPS 2013 environment (SP1+July 2015CU) where the queue is not processing any jobs related to the reporting tables (so it seems)

I can create/save/publish a project and the queue will process ist up to the job "Reporting (Project Publish)". This will stay in "waiting to be processed" and not do anything. The job is #1 in the queue - nothing visible to wait for.

I did already
    - restart queue service
    - edit / save the PWA site in Central Admin / Service Applications / Project Server
    - run SharePoint config wizard on frontend and app server
    - run repair-spprojectwebinstance (with both possible repair options)
    - run upgrade-spprojectwebinstance
    - reboot both servers

Nothing in the ULS log that sounds like a problem preventing the job to be processed.

The only recent successful reporting related jobs I can see in the queue is "Reporting (Enterprise Project Type Sync)".

I tried to rebuild the reporting database tables (backup / restore custom fields) but the Reporting DB refresh job will also not be processed.

What was done before the issue appeared: Tried to add a calculated measure to the OLAP cube configuration. These changes have been the first that hung in the queue.

Any more ideas?
    Thanks for help

Kind regards

Christoph

Christoph Muelder | Senior Consultant, MCTS, MCSE | SOLVIN information management GmbH, Germany

Friday, November 6, 2015 12:38 PM

Answers

• Just in case someone else might have this issue:

Reason was a problematic OLAP Cube build.

The queue job was cancelled (or at least not active anymore). But the status of the OLAP cube on the administration page was still "processing". This seemed to block all further reporting jobs.

There is no "cancel" for the OLAP Cube build, but I was able to iniatiate a new "process now". That went into the queue and was processed. After this was successfully completed, the queue was working again.

Christoph

Christoph Muelder | Senior Consultant, MCTS, MCSE | SOLVIN information management GmbH, Germany

Monday, November 9, 2015 2:56 PM