none
Users unable to see public link in quick launch of my site

Question

• Hi

I want to put public link in quick launch of my site in sharepoint 2013. For this I go to site settings>Quick Launch and set desired link in “Current Navigation”, but when other users visit my site, they can’t see this link! Why this happen?

How I can put link to Quick Launch of my site that every users can see it?

thanks.

Monday, April 10, 2017 6:03 AM

All replies

• Please check below article for more details:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Add-and-manage-the-links-on-your-My-Site-52e348d2-65d8-4525-9b64-148155e95ccb?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Thanks, Amit Kumar, LinkedIn Profile ** My Blog

Monday, April 10, 2017 8:22 AM
  • Hi,

It is by design that the custom navigation links added in users’ My Site are only visible to users themselves.

As a workaround, I recommend you to modify your own My Site’s master page to display the quick launch links as you want.

More references about quick launch in My Site:

http://www.lifeonplanetgroove.com/deep-dive-confusing-sharepoint-2013-mysite-quick-launch-left-nav/

Best Regards,

Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 7:31 AM
  • Hi Victoria

Thanks for your reply.

Could you explain me how I can modify My sites’s master page to show quick launch and custom links?

Actually our users in their my site’s in sharepoint 2010 used custom link in quick launch of their my sites and gave these addresses to others to refer to them. Now in my site in sharepoint 2013 how users  can have this functionality in quick launch?

Thursday, April 13, 2017 5:48 AM
  • Hi,

This is a change from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013, so if you still want to have the experience as SharePoint 2010, then you need to create your own master page for My Site in SharePoint 2013.

You can create a brand new master page or customize the default master page. For this part, you need to consult your developers for this to achieve your goal.

Best Regards,

Victoria

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, April 14, 2017 2:34 AM
  • Thanks Victoria for your reply.

According to your saying, I have a question. If my site of sharepoint 2013 don’t allow me to put custom link for someone who visits my site, so what functionality of giving audience in site setting> quick launch?!

Saturday, April 15, 2017 6:56 AM
  • Hi,

The links created with audience set are also not be able to be viewed by other users. And MySite site template is different from team sites and some features may not be considered completely when designing the MySite site template.

Best Regards,

Victoria

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 9:57 AM