none
Application registry path not working RRS feed

• Question

• I've packaged up a simple application that has some additional prerequisites for it to run. When I load the application it fails to launch because the reg key that references the executable is to the default local path C:\Programfiles\App\exe. If I change this to the full path to where its stored for Appv for example it works. C:\ProgramData\App-V\7F92AF44-B450-403A-9541-F6EEA0878061\84C264DE-225F-41A7-B16F-5830AD19D0E8\Root\VFS\ProgramFilesX86\App\exe.

The problem is the GUID will change and I need this to work with the first path. How can I overcome this issue thanks for any help in advance.

Thursday, June 27, 2019 9:09 AM

All replies

• Hi.
    Is this registry path created during install in the sequencer, or is it created during startup of the application?
    If it's done during seq. there should be a variable in the package pointing to [{ProgramFiles}]\app\exe. If not insert the variable. If it's done under the startup you could try to startup the app under sequencing to capture it, or at least see what it creates and insert that into the package.

In the sequencer under Options and parse Items there is a list over all the variables in app-v and what they expand to.

Thursday, July 18, 2019 7:18 AM
  • Start the sequencer with the -enablepvadcontrol switch, and specify the PVAD (installation directory) when sequencing.

When you do this, the registry paths will be encoded using [{AppvPackageRoot}] instead of [{ProgramFilesX86}], which will expand out as the actual path on disk (C:\ProgramData\App-V\etc) when deployed to the client.

packageology.com

• Proposed as answer by Dan Gough Friday, November 8, 2019 3:25 PM
    Friday, November 8, 2019 3:25 PM