Samsung Galaxy not compatible? J700T RRS feed

• Question

• I am reaching out to see if there is anything I can do to help one of our users with a Samsung Galaxy J700T or SM-j700T - to be able to use the MS Authenticator app.  I appeared to have downloaded it to the phone for this user but i could not find the application any where on the device including in the Apps - turning on the System Apps, I got there via:

Apps - Settings - Apps - application manager - Show system apps.

Iwas not located in any of these locations on my user's phone but it does show on my phone an Galaxy S7...

I need to get this user on his j700T using the application as soon as possible. I searched the device and could not find the application anywhere but the website states it is installed as seen in the attached pictures... i also attached the version of the device.

Any sugestions?

Friday, January 26, 2018 3:15 PM

All replies

• Hi JDailyAllen,

Could you please try to download and install Microsoft Authenticator app via Google play?

Best regards,

Jason

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 29, 2018 9:26 AM
  • We downloaded it from google chrome since the Play Store was not available. It says it is installed in that window but does not show up on the device. I will try to include screenshots I took from the phone. Last time it would not allow me to attach them.  Actually the screenshot I am trying to include has Google Play in the top... it states it is installed.  I cannot attach because it states I must be verified first...
    • Edited by JDailyAllen Wednesday, January 31, 2018 6:27 PM
    Wednesday, January 31, 2018 6:25 PM