none
URGENT--Need to supress "Do you want to Open or save this file" for (CSV AND DOC FILES) in IE 8, IE 9 on Win XP and Win 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

In our Task in Salesforce we generate one CSV file and one doc file after one button click on salesforce screen. we need to download these two documents without the popup message "Do you want to Open or save this file"

Pls suggest Registry Edit Option Or any IE browser configuration or any code to get rid of this popup as this is very critical for our Task. 

Thanks

Kartik

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 9:45 AM

Answers

• Thanks Alex... I saw this in another Forum and could you pls let me know if this works...that is there is no prompt on CSV download

Begin in: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - to change settings for all users

HKEY_CURRENT_USER- to change settings for the current user

Then browse to Software->Microsoft->Internet Explorer->Main->FeatureControl->Feature_Restrict_File_Download

And then set the Value iexplore.exe to 0. If it doesn't exist: Create it (DWORD). 

Thanks

Kartik

Sunday, January 19, 2014 2:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

package both files in the one zipped file.

repost to their developer forums http://developer.force.com/

Rob^_^

Thursday, January 16, 2014 12:14 AM
  • Hi Rob

The Challenge here is to suppress the pop up message"Do you want to Open or save this file"   and the download should happen into the download folder seamless that is without the pop up message. This happens on google chrome and we need that behaviour in IE  8,9 on Win XP and Win 7 .So folks on developer.force.com might not have an answer to this as it appears to be an Internet Explorer issue

Thanks

Kartik

Thursday, January 16, 2014 5:53 AM
  • Hi,

Check the following registry path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\AttachmentExecute\{0002DF01-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}

Set the related file types to 0 value, then we can check the result.

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Saturday, January 18, 2014 2:00 PM
  • Thanks Alex... I saw this in another Forum and could you pls let me know if this works...that is there is no prompt on CSV download

Begin in: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - to change settings for all users

HKEY_CURRENT_USER- to change settings for the current user

Then browse to Software->Microsoft->Internet Explorer->Main->FeatureControl->Feature_Restrict_File_Download

And then set the Value iexplore.exe to 0. If it doesn't exist: Create it (DWORD). 

Thanks

Kartik

Sunday, January 19, 2014 2:41 PM
  • Hi Kartik!

Even I have the same problem:

Need to supress "Do you want to Open or save this file" in Internet Explorer

I tried to do what you said. I modified in registry settings for both:  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CURRENT_USER; but still I get the pop-up message while downloading a file from Internet Explorer. What should be done ?

I am using Windows-8 (64-bit) and Internet Explorer-10

Thanks,

Mukul Lanke

Friday, April 18, 2014 6:06 AM