Typing causes mouse cursor to freeze for 4-6 seconds - build 10061

Question

• Installed the newest version (10061) this morning and have noticed that after typing and trying to move the mouse it is frozen for a brief period of time - seems like around 5 seconds. This was not happening with the last build (10041?).

I can actually still click and also use the keyboard but the mouse cursor itself will not move. So if I'm on a website for example I can still scroll down using my down key on the keyboard or I could right click on the page to get the context menu but the mouse cursor won't move when I move my finger on the trackpad. It starts moving eventually (but does but try to "catch up" by moving in the way I had moved while it was frozen - it just picks up where I am moving after the freeze).

Interesting note - a few keys do not cause the behavior - ALT, FN and CTRL are safe. Arrows, Caps Lock, ESC and letters/numbers will cause the issue.

• Edited by ShawL Saturday, April 25, 2015 7:12 PM more details
    Saturday, April 25, 2015 7:05 PM

Answers

• Suggestion : Provided you can navigate with your mouse............

Click Start button > left side, select Settings > select Recovery & Update ? left side, select Recovery > select Refresh option.....

Sunday, April 26, 2015 11:29 PM
  • Hi,

Based on my test, this issue doesn't occur on my lab machine. I suspect this might be incompatible driver issue.

I suggest you uninstall your keyboard if it's external keyboard and use "On-Screen Keyboard" applet to type to see if the issue persists.

Alternative, contact your keyboard manufacturer's official support to see if there is any new driver for Windows 10.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 27, 2015 6:35 AM

All replies

• Make sure report these issues using Feedback App.

Also check for update and see whether there is any new drivers for mouse and keyboard.

Saturday, April 25, 2015 8:13 PM
  • Thanks! I submitted something via the feedback app.

I could not see any updates for mouse or keyboard.

Sunday, April 26, 2015 9:57 PM
  • Suggestion : Provided you can navigate with your mouse............

Click Start button > left side, select Settings > select Recovery & Update ? left side, select Recovery > select Refresh option.....

Sunday, April 26, 2015 11:29 PM
  • Try using Safe Mode. It may help.
    Monday, April 27, 2015 12:21 AM
  • Hi,

Based on my test, this issue doesn't occur on my lab machine. I suspect this might be incompatible driver issue.

I suggest you uninstall your keyboard if it's external keyboard and use "On-Screen Keyboard" applet to type to see if the issue persists.

Alternative, contact your keyboard manufacturer's official support to see if there is any new driver for Windows 10.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 27, 2015 6:35 AM