none
MDT 2013 Update 2 - Build client can't reach MDT Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I recently upgraded MDT to 2013 Sp2 and ADK for Windows 10 1607 and after that I experience problem connection to the MDT deployment share.

Some info about the environment:

Server:
    Windows Server 2012 R2 with MDT 2013 Update 2 and AFK for Windows 10 1607
    Hosted on VMware

Client:
    Normal Vmware virtual machine with standard network adapter and 50GB harddrive.
    Using the x64 bit BootImage generated from MDT.

Network:
    Server and build client is located on same network using /28 netmask.

I have created a completely new deployment share just to make sure that there is not a settings that is creating these errors.

The problem:

When i boot (Not using PXE) up on the boot image the client is getting a ip adress from the DHCP,  after a while i get an error that the client could not contact the MDT server. If i check ipconfig everything seems to be working good, but if I ping the MDT server via ip adress or dns name i get "Request timed out". The strange thing is if i wait for like 10min with the client running it suddenly can ping the MDT server without any problems and if retry to reconnect to the MDT share it shows an error regaring wrong credentials instead.

The really strange thing is that i can ping other clients on the network even if im not is able to ping the MDT server.

Any help or suggestions is very appreciated!

Kind regards,

Anthon

Thursday, September 22, 2016 10:59 AM

All replies

• Looks like DNS is taking a bit to update. I don't know how to resolve this as it is out of WinPE's control.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

Thursday, September 22, 2016 7:20 PM