none
Reporting - Dashboarding Why or What all an Orgranization is using GP/GPOs for

Question

• I am required to prepare a Report for all GPOs (1500 approx)
    I need report to show exactly as one check things using GPMC (though GPMC lacks Dashborading..)
    1. GPName - Name, CSE's used, Settings defined in GPO and whether it is enforced
    2. OUName - Which all its applying on (Block Policy Inheritence etc..
    3. GPOwner, OUOwner
    4. GPCreate Date, GPLink Date, GPModified Date, Old setting, New Setting

I have checked PS Scripts, SDMsoftware-GPOguy, Scripting Guy it not there, i mean none of the readily available one generate such output,

It seems it is possible with PS but that is what i need help with...

BR,
    /AnExtremist

An Extremist

Monday, April 10, 2017 10:06 AM

All replies

• > 1. GPName - Name, CSE's used, Settings defined in GPO and whether it is enforced

Get-GPO can tell you. Enforcement is NOT in the GPO itself, but in the OU gplink attribute (as well as "link enabled").

> 2. OUName - Which all its applying on (Block Policy Inheritence etc..

Get-ADOrganizationalUnit will tell you. Inheritance blocking is the "flags" attribute, linked GPOs are in the "gplink" attribute.

> 3. GPOwner, OUOwner

No sense in that - what is the "owner" in your terms? Is it the owner in the ACL? Is it a custom attribute? If you are thinking of the owner in ACLs, mostly this will be "domain admins" since mostly a domain admin member is used to create GPOs and OUs.

> 4. GPCreate Date, GPLink Date, GPModified Date, Old setting, New Setting

Creation/Modification date is easy. Link modification date is impossible - all GPO links are stored in one single attribute... Old/New setting is impossible too unless you backup each GPO if it has changed recently.

> It seems it is possible with PS but that is what i need help with...

I don't know what you tried already, so it's kinda hard to assist further.

Monday, April 10, 2017 12:36 PM
  • Hi,
    It seems that you need to write a specific script which could help you target the needed information as you request, in this case, you could have a try in the following gallery: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/
    And if you have any questions in the script, I would suggest you ask in the scripting forum:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/scriptcenter/en-US/home?forum=ITCG
    The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.
    Best regards, 
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 8:21 AM
  • https://psscripts.wordpress.com/tag/get-gporeport/

This is a far good description with the actual commands is what I need,
    However this lacks one thing which is to create a list of settings defined in all GPOs

Following Link does provides some info but I am not able to run these successfully
    https://www.sepago.com/blog/2013/12/17/create-lists-of-gpo-settings-with-powershell

Please assist with the second requirement,

BR,

An Extremist

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 8:45 AM
  • Hi,
    Appreciate for your update and share, it is helpful to others who have similar questions.
    And if you need further assistance on running script, you could post the error message and script what you tested in the scripting forum to have a try for the most qualified pool of respondents. Thank you for the understanding.
    Best regards, 
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, April 14, 2017 9:24 AM