none
Need to Imlpement SSPR feature of FIM RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

we are thinking of using the self service password reset feature of FIM. Before that I need to know following points:

1. what would be the cost involved (considering we have 5000+ user base)

2. How can we implement means what would be the architect?

any other imformation which could be beneficial for implementing this feature, please let me know.

Steve

Saturday, December 8, 2012 7:29 AM

All replies

• Steve-

For #1, the SSPR function is covered by the FIM CAL.

For #2, I don't understand the question.

My Book - Active Directory, 4th Edition
    My Blog - www.briandesmond.com

Sunday, December 9, 2012 1:34 AM
  • Hi Brian,

For #1, I know there is a per user license cost if I want to implement SSPR, but any idea how much it comes out to be.

For #2, I need to know the architectural set-up how I can implement the same in our enviornment considering we are as of now only implemented FIM synchronization service.

I hope I have cleared my questions, let me know if you need any more info.

Steve

Monday, December 10, 2012 8:30 PM
  • Hi Brian,

For #1, I know there is a per user license cost if I want to implement SSPR, but any idea how much it comes out to be.

For #2, I need to know the architectural set-up how I can implement the same in our enviornment considering we are as of now only implemented FIM synchronization service.

I hope I have cleared my questions, let me know if you need any more info.

Steve

Steve-

For #1, it's a question for your Microsoft reseller or account team. The price is different for everyone assuming you're not paying retail. It's licensed per user.

For #2, you'll want at least one FIM Service/Portal server (or a minimum of 2 with a load balancer for HA). If you want external web based password reset, you can either collocate that on the FIM Service/Portal server(s) or install distinct server(s) for this. In a small environment you could put all this on the sync server too if you wanted.

My Book - Active Directory, 4th Edition
    My Blog - www.briandesmond.com

Monday, December 10, 2012 9:11 PM