Office 365 and Exchange in Hybrid Mode - Unified Messaging RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am looking for direction and information regarding setting up Unified Messaging (voice mail) in a O365 / Exchange hybrid situation.  We currently have Unified Messaging working on-premises.  And we have a working Office 365 hybrid setup.

I want to setup Unified Messaging with Office 365 and migrate UM enabled mailboxes. I have setup the Office 365 dial plans and IP gateways.

We have a Mitel 3300 successfully connected through IP to the on-premises Exchange server.  What do we need to connect to Office 365?  Do we need a device or can we connect directly?  What protocols are required to communication from our Mitel telephone switch and the Office 365 system?

Thanks,

Daryl

Monday, September 21, 2015 4:37 PM

All replies

• If you arent using Lync, then you have to use an approved SBC

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj673565(v=exchg.150).aspx

Twitter!: Please Note: My Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

Monday, September 21, 2015 8:30 PM
  • Hello Andy.

Can you comment on the difference between using an SBC controller and setting up a Lync server to support this functionality?

Also, thank you for helping me with this problem!

Daryl

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 12:57 PM
  • We currently have an Exchange 2007 (end of extended support is this year) connected to a Mitel 3300, successfully using the auto attendant and voice mail.  We have had an issue where the Mitel 3300 does not function properly with Exchange 2013 or 2016.  Are you successfully using those versions with the Mitel 3300?
    Tuesday, February 28, 2017 3:30 PM