How to stop client setup from Windows Server 2003 SBS on Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• I have just updated to Windows 10 and must admit to enjoying this new OS. However when I connected it to my domain which is controlled by Windows 2003 SBS I receive a notification on start up that the DC wishes to execute the setup.exe from \\SERVER\Clients\setup.exe which is not needed in Windows 10. How do I clear this issue ??. I have looked in the registry etc on the Windows 10 PC but can't find any references?

Martin D. Jones

Thursday, December 10, 2015 5:00 PM

Answers

• Well I would think you need to look at this from SBS point of view, i.e. how do I convince SBS that it does not need to run or has run client setup ok. So either try this same question in a more SBS related forum of search for remove SBS2003 client setup of similar to get and idea. A quick look I had seems to suggest if users the domain\netlogon\ folder and a SBS_Login_script.bat so think you need to look at the server setup to see what can be done.

• Proposed as answer by Deason Wu Thursday, December 24, 2015 10:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_LS Monday, December 28, 2015 8:57 AM
    Friday, December 11, 2015 10:16 PM

All replies

• Well I would think you need to look at this from SBS point of view, i.e. how do I convince SBS that it does not need to run or has run client setup ok. So either try this same question in a more SBS related forum of search for remove SBS2003 client setup of similar to get and idea. A quick look I had seems to suggest if users the domain\netlogon\ folder and a SBS_Login_script.bat so think you need to look at the server setup to see what can be done.

• Proposed as answer by Deason Wu Thursday, December 24, 2015 10:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_LS Monday, December 28, 2015 8:57 AM
    Friday, December 11, 2015 10:16 PM
  • Hi,

As your issue is a Domain controller behavior and related to Small Business Server 2003, I suggest discussing it in our Small Business Server newsgroup first. We might know nothing about the setup program and why your SBS server want client to run that.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=smallbusinessserver

In the other hand, this thread will keep open, if you get more information about this, you could also update here, and we’d like to provide help on Client side. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 2:50 AM