none
Linking Dashboard Filter to SQL Server Report RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi

I have a Reporting Services Report based on a SSAS cube. I am returning one dimension "Depot" and a measure. I have a filter parameter on Depot. I have tested the report in Reporting Services and its working without any problems.

If I then add the report in to Performance Point and select the "Show Parameters" option I can view the report and by selecting from the parameter drop down the report will run.

The problem starts when I add a filter to the dashboard and link it to the parameter. My filter is member list of Depots. I have dragged the member unique name from filter on to the report and this correctly maps to my depot parameter. If I leave the "show parameters" enabled, then when I preview the dashboard I select from my filter but the paramter box is not updated. If I disable the show parameters I get an error saying the depot parameter doesn't have a value.

Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Thanks in advance

Monday, June 2, 2008 11:34 AM

Answers

• This should work as long as the SSRS report is OLAP based and the hierarchy used in the SSRS parameter is exactly the same hierarchy as you built the PPS filter off of.  Verify that the hierarchies match exactly.

Thanks,

Alyson

Monday, June 2, 2008 6:44 PM

All replies

• This should work as long as the SSRS report is OLAP based and the hierarchy used in the SSRS parameter is exactly the same hierarchy as you built the PPS filter off of.  Verify that the hierarchies match exactly.

Thanks,

Alyson

Monday, June 2, 2008 6:44 PM
  • its been a few months since i saw something like this.. but i think i had a very similar problem.

Try editing your SSRS report - give the Depot parameter a default value and dont allow nulls/empty value. Hope this works for you!
    Wednesday, June 4, 2008 1:11 PM
  • Thanks Alyson

Using the same hierarchies did solve the problem. I have since encountered another problem where I can't pass multiple values from the filter to the reporting services report. I have read this is fixed in MOPPS SP1 so I will try that.

Michael

Friday, June 6, 2008 1:05 PM