Problem running ProClarity Diagnostic Utility and Proclarity Web RRS feed

• Question

•  

When I run the diagnostic utility, it seems to work fine, then closes before I can review the results.  I tried running the diagnostic tool to diagnose why the Proclarity Web tool closes when I try to open a chart or launch Web Profesional.  I assume it's all related, but don't know where to look.

PerformancePoint and Proclarity are installed on the same Windows 2003 Server sp2.    I've applied sp1 to PerformancePoint and sp2 to Proclarity.

Help will be greatly appreciated.

Thursday, December 4, 2008 3:32 AM

All replies

• Hi BranSam2,

When you run the diagnostic tool, before clicking the Start button, do you notice the section where the log file will be saved?  It should be something like C:\Users\username\Desktop\PDCLog.rtf, but you could also search for it using that file name.  Can you provide some additional details around the issue?  I assume that you are browsing to the view using the PAS web site, with the Professional client selected in the dropdown box, and the view won't open in the Professional client?

Thanks,

Bob

Tuesday, December 9, 2008 5:02 PM
  • The diagnostic tool file is never created anywhere.  I tried making sure it pointed to a location that was definately accessible with the same results.

You're other assumptions are correct.  I'm setup as a professional user and professional is selected in the dropdown box.  The Professional client never opens and the pas web site closes. 

I suspect something didn't install properly, but there is nothing in the updates option to download.  Is there a way to manually install the professional client?

Monday, December 15, 2008 9:53 PM
  • Hi BranSam2,
    There is a way to install the client manually.  There should be a directory on the PAS installation that contains a file called ProClarityCtrls.exe, which is the Web Pro installation.  Otherwise, I would recommend verifying that the Web Pro component is actually present in the Components directory in the ProClarity Admin Tool on the PAS.

Hope this helps,

Bob
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, December 23, 2008 5:13 PM