none
Add a New Server to a Farm with all Patches till March 2016 CU

Question

• Hello All,

I already have a SharePoint farm patched with March 2016 CU , It also has Project Server Installed

I have to add a New Server to the Farm which includes Project Server 2013 & SharePoint 2013 server

Can you please list me the patches to be installed in proper steps and order

Please treat this as urgent

Monday, May 1, 2017 4:33 PM

Answers

• Hi Rkakkar,

I'm very sorry for misleading.

As Trevor said, the Project Server CU includes the SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation patches.

If the post helps you, you can mark it as answer to help other community members to find the information quickly.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Rkakkar Saturday, July 29, 2017 12:57 PM
    Tuesday, May 9, 2017 7:51 AM

All replies

• You need to install Service Pack 1 for Project Server, then the March 2016 CU. That's it.

Trevor Seward

Office Servers and Services MVP

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2016

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Monday, May 1, 2017 4:40 PM
  • Hello Trevor

Thanks Much , So is my below Listing COrrect?

SharePoint 2013 RTM

Project Server 2013 RTM

SharePoint 2013 SP1

Project Server SP1

March 2016 CU for Project/SharePoint server

Let me know if that is correct

Monday, May 1, 2017 4:45 PM
  • Yep, that'll work. Or you can grab the SP1 slipstreamed ISO from Microsoft for Project Server to skip the SP1 install.

Trevor Seward

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Monday, May 1, 2017 4:47 PM
  • Thanks Trevor

On more thing , If I install KB3114823 that is for March 2016 CU for Project server do I need to Install March 2016 CU for SharePoint as well

DO project server CUs contains SharePoint Patches as well

Thanks in advance

Monday, May 1, 2017 6:44 PM
  • Thanks Trevor

On more thing , If I install KB3114823 that is for March 2016 CU for Project server do I need to Install March 2016 CU for SharePoint as well

DO project server CUs contains SharePoint Patches as well

Thanks in advance

Yes, Project Server CUs contain the Foundation and Server patches, as well. You don't need to install anything extra besides SP1 + March 2016 CU. I'd recommend getting a newer release and apply to all servers in your farm, at the very least the few security patches which have been released since March 2016.

Trevor Seward

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 3:35 PM
  • Hi Rkakkar,

I'm very sorry for misleading.

As Trevor said, the Project Server CU includes the SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation patches.

If the post helps you, you can mark it as answer to help other community members to find the information quickly.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Grace Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Rkakkar Saturday, July 29, 2017 12:57 PM
    Tuesday, May 9, 2017 7:51 AM
  • Hi Rkakkar,

Is there any update?

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Friday, May 26, 2017 2:17 AM