none
Internet explorer will open Automatically RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

One of my user have windows vista Home basic- SP2. Internet explorer will open Automatically at 10:00 AM. i have block third party cookies and clear the Add-on's still it same issue. can you help me how to fix this issue.

Friday, June 13, 2014 6:44 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Start>Windows Update

review their Windows Update settings....

change to automatically install updates. Usually updates are installed once a month, but they may have scheduled WU to check daily...

or

Start>Task Scheduler... check for any scheduled tasks that run at that time.

a hint may be obtained by looking at what web address that IE is trying to open.

When asking internet related questions its helpful if you include the full address of any websites that you are having issues with.

Some web browser addons place entries in the Windows Startup list and are not disabled when you disable them from an IE Reset....

Home Versions of Windows do not have the MSConfig utility which you would use to disable windows startup items. You will have to manually look for rogue entries in the Registry....HKCU\Software\Microsoft\windows\current version

To test if there is a malware entry in the windows startup list...reboot the machine into Safe Mode with networking and leave it running overnight. If IE is running when you come in in the morning, then you know there is a malware item in the startup list...

Commonly the GoogleToolbarUpdater.exe may be running.... you may be able to see if its active in the Tasks Manager's Processes tab.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Saturday, June 14, 2014 9:56 PM