none
FIM Database for Azure AD Connect RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We have existing users in Office 365, provisioned by FIM connector.

What would be the best steps and things we have to consider before switch over to Azure AD Connect Tool.

Can we use the existing FIM database ? if not how the Azure AD connect Tool will identify the existing users in Office 365 ?

Do i need to import all the users from office 365 in Azure AD connect Metaverse and then join the existing user from on-premise AD .

Kindly let me know,if there are blogs how to migrate over from FIM to Azure AD connect.

Thanks and Regards,
    Anirban Singha

Saturday, March 4, 2017 9:05 PM

All replies

• Hello,

when using the FIM WAAD connector I think you already populate the AD objectGUID of objects in base64 encoding to AAD immutableId.

If so, there is not much to do.

You can simple install AADC and if you want to check exports to AAD before exporting sync both connectors in AADC manually but it should be safe to do it automaticly. Depending on the workloads you select in AAD and your current FIM solution there might be additional or fewer attribut changes.

AADC will join all onPRem and AAD objects on its own compared by immutableID.

You cannot re-use the FIM database in AADC.

I did that once at a customer at it worked like charme, just check the difference in attribute flows on exports, so I recommend to run the profiles in AADC manually and maybe only export if all flows seems correct to you.

Also this page can give you some additional information: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/dn783462.aspx

(Page is a little older but still valid also for AADC from my perspective)

/Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Saturday, March 4, 2017 10:20 PM