Windows Explorer dropping Mapped Drives RRS feed

• Question

• I've a number of mapped drives set up in Windows Explorer (WE) that map to shared folders on another PC and folders on a NAS device. Every time I use WE, without fail, at some point when I click on one of the mapped drives WE comes back as "Not Responding" and it fails to open the drive. WE eventually changes its state from "Not Responding" but it never re-establishes the mapped drive. Any suggestions? 
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 9:45 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Can you access the shared folders by clicking start, type in  \\computer\sharedfolder?

Try to test the problem in Safe Mode with Networking:

1. Restart the computer and start pressing the F8 key on the keyboard. On a computer that is configured to boot multiple Operating Systems, press the F8 key when you see the boot menu.
    2. When the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Safe Mode with Networking, and then press Enter.
    3. Log onto Windows by using the Administrator account or any user account with Administrator privileges.

If the problem does not happens in Safe mode with Networking, the problem will be caused by the incompatible driver or startup programs. Booting the computer to normal mode and then disable all third-party service and startup items for testing.

Thomas77
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Thursday, March 11, 2010 8:07 AM
    Thursday, March 4, 2010 5:30 AM