Microsoft edge and browser history broken RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there

I have 10pro since the day one installed on the 8 pro, everything is fine and Edge seemed to be good at the beginning, then it has been broken, i don't know why, it's not working properly, it's slow and doesn't record my history and if i try to erase the history it says "impossible to erase some datas". 

I ear all good things about edge but mine is real slow, freezing all the time, have all this bugs so i've tried to reset it and i followed this procedure 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fdda0835-0050-4fc3-a823-692b8c4a3f4d/microsoft-edge-reset-the-default-settings?forum=win10itprogeneral

The last mrhappy solution. I did erase it and install again but still have same issues.

Any clues?

Thursday, September 3, 2015 9:58 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Sey,

First of all, please try to reset the Internet Explorer to the default and then tried again. Some other users resolved their same issue via this method:

1.Close all Internet Explorer windows that are currently open.

2.Open the desktop, and then tap or click the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar. Changing your settings will affect both Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer for the desktop.

3.Tap or click the Tools button, and then tap or click Internet options.

4.Tap or Click the Advanced tab, and then tap or click Reset.

5.In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, tap or click Reset.

6.When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, tap or click Close, and then tap or click OK. You'll need to restart your PC for these changes to take effect.

If it doesn't resolve your issue, run these commands:

sfc /scannow

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth 

Meanwhile, check and install all available Windows updates.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 4, 2015 6:26 AM
  • Hi Karen

I've tried both of those two methods but it didn't work out

It scanned everything and restored it but still i have my history broken in edge, and edge itself is slow and full of lag than it was at beginning

When i try to erase my history (blank) on edge it says "it's not possible to erase some data. Retry." 

I have all updates installed, IE works just fine and now it's completely resetted.

Basically it's the only thing not working on win 10 for me though edge was fine when I installed win10.

Other options?

TY

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 11:20 AM
  • Create a New User Account and recheck the issue.

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 11:24 AM
  • Create a New User Account and recheck the issue

I've just tried with local account and a new account, still the same problem :(
    • Edited by Seymour77 Tuesday, September 8, 2015 1:06 PM
    Tuesday, September 8, 2015 12:40 PM
  • Seymour77,

This should be the issue related to your system image file.

Recommend you to run upgrade repair as this thread:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-perform-a-repair-upgrade-using-the-windows/35160fbe-9352-4e70-9887-f40096ec3085

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 2:58 AM