none
Exchange 2016 - Not seeing root domain UPN suffixes in EMS/ECP? RRS feed

• Question

• we installed exchange 2016 cu10, we discover that root domain upn suffix is dont display in EMS and EAC. Exchange server deployed in root domain

In EAC, current mailbox's upn suffix is missing. new mailbox can't select root domain upn suffix, but can select sub domain.

In EMS, use Get-UserPrincipalNamesSuffix can not find root domain, only find all of sub domain.

Anyone run into this issue?

Sunday, June 16, 2019 3:37 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you mean you cannot choose parent domain as suffix after creating Exchange in child domain? Could you use it before?

I want to confirm with you:

1. Could you ping root domain from child domain successfully?

2. Which account that you used to installed Exchange in child domain, root domain administrator or child domain administrator?

3. Did you run prepare AD/Domain/Schema from root domain?

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, June 17, 2019 5:29 AM
  • Before install the system update of May on DCs, exchange EAC features works.

Connections and replication between all dcs is work, then i re-repare schema/ad/domain from root domain, the problem is still there.

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 12:36 PM
  • Based on your description, I would suggest you try to uninstall this update patch, then check whether this phenomenon gone, if this phenomenon gone, it means it caused by incompatible between this patch and Exchange.

If you create AD account, could you choose root domain as it's suffix?

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, June 21, 2019 2:12 PM